<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d16531544\x26blogName\x3dHere+I+go+again...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://ctcthoughts.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://ctcthoughts.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4928925122649084192', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

cathy


Hello Again

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hats should be worn outdoors or in dim lighting.
Live and learn.
I absolutely love hats, and will be posting more photos in future posts.
The last time I was in England, I decided that I wanted to buy a fancy British hat and take it as a carry-on in a fancy hat box. I had visions of attending some special event back here in Canada and showing off my "special hat from Britian". I went into about a dozen hat shops and searched and searched for the perfect one. You know the kind; you've seen Royal Weddings; the outlandish things these people wear. Who the hell did I think I was? And where the hell did I think I would wear one of those? I came to my senses (only because I quickly realised that I couldn't afford one) and aborted the idea. I then realised that people wouldn't be envious, they'd think I was nuts.
I own many hats. Or should I say tuques (refer to my profile description)! :)

  1. Blogger Jase said:

    Well next time you are in England, time it for a Guards polo match or Ladies Day at Ascot. Hats are de rigueur. I have about 4 hats myself, not including baseball caps, but they are all in boxes in the UK 8^(

  1. Blogger Jase said:

    Also you'd be divine in a summer frock and a big hat for picnics and etc

  1. Blogger vani said:

    my head is too big for hats..lol

  1. Blogger Meow said:

    You should have got one of those big brown fuzzy hats that the guards wear at Buck Palace !!!! No, not really ... eeewww.
    You're lucky, I can't wear hats, I just don't feel comfortable. Even in mid summer, I only wear one of those visor things to keep the sun off my face. Can't stand hat hair.
    Have a good day,
    Meow

  1. Blogger Lisa said:

    I used to wear a hat with fake fruit on it . I loved it !!! It was a little strange though .

  1. Blogger Michelle said:

    I love hats, a girl can't have too many i say! Of course i say that about shoes and handbags too!

  1. Blogger Cathy said:

    Jase;
    Next time I am in England, I doubt I'd be at a polo match or anywhere near Ascot, not being from any upper crust, or other form of crust. 4 hats? what are they; top hats?...trying to get a mental image. A summer picnic hat would be nice, the frock I'm not so certain about:)

    Vani;
    I also have a big head (full of brains, eh!:)

    Meow;
    Anyone can wear hats, and I am sure you would look lovely; you should post a photo of yourself!

    Lisa;
    Why the hell would you wear a hat with fake fruit, unless it was Halloween and you were dressed up as Carmen Miranda...

    Michelle;
    Yet another thing we have in common!

  1. Blogger Connie and Rob said:

    I love hats. I thinks people that wear them are so classy. I have hats in my closet that are so cute...I never wear them. They just get in my way. Once you put one on you are committed to wear it all day because you hair looks awful under there.

    However, I still thinks hats are beautiful!
    Connie

  1. Blogger Heidi said:

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  1. Blogger Heidi said:

    Cathy..It's a good thing your not passing through Montreal today... Freezing rain and strong winds..Forget umbrella's you would need 2 or 3 hats on a day like this.

  1. Blogger Cathy said:

    Connie;
    I imagine you would look lovely with a hat :)

    Heidi!
    I am flying out of Halifax tomorrow and we are supposed to have very high winds and have a weather warning in effect tonight. Every time this happens, our power goes out. I was thinking that maybe I should change my flight to today, but then saw that Montreal was getting it bad there. I hope to get out tomorrow morning and that there are no delays and no bad weather on either end; cross your fingers.

  1. Blogger angel, jr. said:

    I don't think people would think you are nuts. Many women look sexy in hats. I believe you could pull it off with dignity and grace.

  1. Blogger angel, jr. said:

    I don't think people would think you are nuts. Many women look sexy in hats. I believe you could pull it off with dignity and grace.

  1. Blogger SkyeBlue2U said:

    fingers crossed and seat belt fasten. I can picture you in one of those light weight summer hats. Mr.C is having to fight off all the men following you. :}

  1. Blogger Cathy said:

    Angel;
    You really are one:)

    SkyeBlue;
    Seat belt will be fastened for certain.
    I have some gardening hats but the only thing that one needs to fight off are mosquitoes and black flies:}

  1. Blogger Stephanie said:

    I love hats! Today is a rain hat day, or rain hood, or something. I have a huge old for-real cowboy hat (as opposed to a fashion-y one from the gap or something) which I carted home from Wyoming by wearing it on my head. I loved arriving at the airport in Boston in a cowboy hat.

  1. Blogger Cathy said:

    Stephanie;
    I would have wanted to get an authentic cowboy hat if I went to Wyoming. I will be in Quebec tomorrow. Perhaps I'll get a beret :)

  1. Blogger momyblogR said:

    Great hats....I love hats too but man on man,I get serious "hat head" I mean worse than my "bed head" and that's BAAAAD!

    Don't really need them to much in my neck of the woods.

    Nice post!

  1. Blogger Supermans Foot said:

    i have a special hat that restrains me and controls my thoughts. If i take it off i get arrested

  1. Blogger Cathy said:

    MomyBlogR:
    I don't get hat head, just static.

    Steve;
    Take it off, take it off! ;)
    I just finished telling a colleague that I don't talk behind his back; I just tell him to his face when I think he's being a bastard. I have no restraint. Sometimes I think I need a mute button.

  1. Blogger fb said:

    Hats are good...

  1. Blogger Tee said:

    Pretty pic of you and I like your kitchen :)

    I like hats, too.

  1. Blogger Jase said:

    Hmm... ladies day at Ascot is all about hats on ladies, to see what I mean, go here:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/photo_galleries/1349154.stm

    to hire one, go here:
    http://www.felicity.co.uk/collection.php?category=races

leave a comment


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Canada License.