Mr. C. has taken both boys for a walk this morning. It is about 5 degrees but the sun is shining and it's the first nice Saturday in weeks. I am going to clean the house and get some much needed gardening done. Wonderful weekends.
I am such a paradox, which can be best illustrated by what I am flipping back and forth between in my reading:
1. today's newspaper (to satisfy my need for real news)
2. most recent People magazine (to satisfy my need for fake news)
3. My Friend Leonard, James Frey (to find out what becomes of James, since I finished his first)
4. Black Like Me (Thank you, Tee) (just because it is so amazing)
5. Tao teh Ching, Lao Tzu (just because it resonates so true to me)
Attain to utmost Emptiness.
Cling single-heartedly to interior peace.
While all things are stirring together,
I only contemplate the Return.
For flourishing as they do,
Each of them will return to its root.
To return to the root is to find peace.
To find peace is to fulfill one's destiny.
To fulfill one's destiny is to be constant.
To know the Constant is called Insight.
If one does not know the Constant,
One runs blindly into disasters.
If one knows the Constant,
One can understand and embrace all.
If one understands and embraces all,
One is capable of doing justice.
To be just is to be kingly;
To be kingly is to be heavenly;
To be heavenly is to be one with the Tao;
To be one with the Tao is to abide forever.
Such a one will be safe and whole
Even after the dissolution of his body.
Apologies to those who don't like the music, but you can simply turn your speakers off.