<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d16531544\x26blogName\x3dHere+I+go+again...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://ctcthoughts.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://ctcthoughts.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4928925122649084192', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

cathy


Restless

Sunday, January 06, 2008


I have had a huge amount of free time the past few days; still off work, Christmas craziness is over, the kids are cleaning the house... These are days that I yearned for less than a month ago, but now the spare-time options overwhelm me..sewing, crafting, scrapbooking, iTunes, online Blokus, reading, organizing, adding a dozen more things on one of a dozen online wish lists, baking....but instead I have found myself nearly paralyzed with indecision.

Work begins in earnest again tomorrow. I think that's what I need; an overwhelming amount of work so that I can complain about having no time to do fun things. Those things that are so fun I can't be bothered to actually do when I have the free time.

  1. Blogger Clare said:

    Happy New Year Cathy and hope 2008 is a good year for you.

  1. Blogger Michael Manning said:

    HI! I'm here via Heidi!! What a cool site. Stop by anytime. Cool post:)

  1. Blogger fb said:

    Happy New year!

    Do they still think cleaning is a fun game?! ;)

  1. Blogger Devil Mood said:

    That has happened to me: so much expectation when I didn't have he time and when the moment came..I didn't do anything. lol

  1. Anonymous poet said:

    the more time you have to do the "fun stuff" the less fun stuff you will seem to do. just today i was thinking...i really need to do housework, clean the litter boxes, vacuum, dust, you know, the 'fun stuff' but alas , i spent three hours shovelling the driveway instead, followed by a well deserved nap.

    happy new year. take care.

  1. Blogger blackcrag said:

    I'm often caught in that paradox cycle where if I have the moeny to do some thing, I'm so busy earning it, I don't have the time. And if I ahve the time, it usually menas I'm not earning money at that time. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium.

  1. Blogger Heidi said:

    Cathy,
    Can you kids come over and clean my apt?..I'll pay them.. :)

  1. Blogger Chloe said:

    me too Cathy! Free time, in order to be of any use, has to be continuous, and even boring. That's when you decide to make stuff. xx

  1. Blogger Deb said:

    Funny how the grass seems greener until we get to it....and then we want to go back to the other patch again!

  1. Anonymous Tee said:

    Gotta love when the little ones help out with the housework ;)

    Happy New Year, Cathy.

  1. Blogger Michelle said:

    What pretty flowers :o)

  1. Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said:

    why do we do that? When we have time we don't use it and when we don't have time we wish we did??

    Good luck going back to work.

leave a comment


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Canada License.